MYR Pharma is focused on the development of Myrcludex B, a first-in-class entry inhibitor for treatment of chronic hepatitis B and D infections.
The drug targets the protein NTCP on the hepatocyte surface and prevents the infection of healthy cells and viral spreading within the liver. Myrcludex B has shown an excellent safety profile and antiviral efficacy in several clinical trials. The drug has received Orphan Designations for the treatment of HDV infection from EMA and FDA. Myrcludex B has been added to a short list of drugs eligible for the PRIME (PRIority MEdicine) scheme by the European Medicines Agency. More...
- Dmitry Popov, MD: Chief Executive Officer;
- Alexander Alexandov, MD: Founder and Chief Executive Officer;
- Thomas Christély: Chief Financial Officer;
- Norbert Dinauer, PhD: Chief Operations Officer;
- Florian Vogel: Head Of Marketing & Sales.
Clinical Advisory Board
- Chairman: Heiner Wedemeyer, MD (Chairman), Professor and Senior Physician, Department of Hepatology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
- Pietro Lampertico, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor Of Gastroenterology, Fondazione IRCCS Ca’ Granda, Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, University Of Milan, Milan, Italy
- Marion Peters, MD, Professor Of Medicine And Chief Of Hepatology Research At The University Of California At San Francisco, USA
- Fabien Zoulim, MD, PhD, Medical Director Of The Hepatology Department At The Hospices Civils De Lyon, Lyon, France